This week I got to have a night out to myself to go to Enrichment meeting at our church. For those of you who don't know, this is an activity night for the women only... There is usually a lesson or activity accompanied always by food! The theme was surviving in Hong Kong... which really would have been more helpful when I first got here, but really enjoyed it and learned a lot about this city. I also met a lot more of the women that are in my ward. I haven't gotten a chance to meet a ton of ladies since Mylan usually takes up my attention during relief society (his lunchtime+nap time) So it was really nice to have a night out!
Yesterday (Saturday) Tim and I decided to go explore the south side of Hong Kong Island. We've been wanting to head down there for a while but it's so hard traveling anywhere far with the boy... but we decided we better start doing some of these things we've been waiting to do since our trip is coming closer to being over. We went to this little beach town called Stanley. (I included pics of Stanley) We really enjoyed it! Its just beautiful there and completely different scenery than we are used to here. It's quite remote and just chill... not very crowded or busy... It kind of reminded us of an Asian Santa Barbara for those of you who have been there. We had fish and chips for lunch at a little restaurant on the pier... Then we walked up and down the pier, took pictures, took a walk at a nearby park... and checked out Stanley market, which is one of the tourist attractions there. We had such a good time! Very much worth the long train and bus ride down there!
It's crazy how fast our trip has gone... We only have a little more than 3 weeks left before we come home! I'm very ready to be home now... I wasn't homesick at all until a couple weeks ago, and now I'm very ready! However, we have a lot of fun things left to look forward too as our trip gets closer to being over. Tonight Tim's boss Stu and his wife are coming to Hong Kong. He'll be here for a couple of days before they take off for Mainland China for vacation. They have a couple of really busy days planned. I'll do my best to entertain Stu's wife while they're working during the day, and then we'll all go out to the city at night. Should be a fun time. The following week Tim will go back to Korea for 3 days... And then the next week I'll be going to Taiwan with Tim... He'll work there for a couple of days and then we'll stay about 4 days for vacation. Tim served his mission in Taiwan and is really excited to go back to see some of the families he worked with and baptized. I'm also really excited to see some of the experiences he had and meet some of the people that knew him as a missionary! After we're done with Taiwan we'll fly back to Hong Kong for a couple of days to pack up and then will fly home on the 13th of October! So a lot to look forward to!
Well I hope you are all well! We miss you all and can't wait to see you in another month!
Enjoy the pics!
1 comment:
Looks like fun! Glad you guys got to explore Stanley.
Post a Comment