Thursday, March 11, 2010

Waiting Patiently...

Most of you know that we're expecting our baby boy any day now... and I've been meaning to get this blog set up for a while now, and figured now would be the perfect time since I have all this time on my hands. Today was THE DAY, or was supposed to be. Due dates are never a sure thing, but we we're hoping we would have met our little one by now. Today we went to the hospital to take some non-stress tests on the baby. For those of you who are unfamiliar with those, basically they run some tests to make sure the baby isn't in distress and that the placenta is still fully functional. This is pretty routine once you reach your due date. If you don't pass any of these tests then they will induce labor... And needless to say, since I am not in labor right now, I passed. :) So what that means is that we get to just be patient and wait it out, at least for another week. My doctor will start me on the 17th (a week from today) if I don't go into labor naturally before then. So that's the story.

We're REALLY excited!! It's crazy to think that we're just about ready to become parents. I've been feeling okay for the most part. Nothing major to complain about, although that doesn't stop me. :) I've forgotten what it's like to feel comfortable, I can't wait till I'm able to bend over again, and my ribs will thank me when they aren't getting kicked constantly. This little guy is totally worth it though!

Anyway, stay tuned... I'm sure you'll be hearing from us soon!

3 comments:

Erin said...

YEA!!! I can't believe how fast time flies! I am so excited to see pics of the little man!!

Kim A. Hodges said...

I can't wait to see pictures of this little boy! I hope he comes sooner than later (for your sake!).

Elly Taysom said...

Hope he doesns't keep you waiting too much longer!!